April 5, 2008

Grateful

My ate Heidi and Miss Gracie tagged me with this:

I was a preemie baby. My mom was only 8 months pregnant when the doctor told her that she has to undergo emergency ceasarian or else she will lose me. Why did I start with that statement? Because the first thing that I am grateful for (and there are many) is the fact that I have loving parents... My mom risked her life so she could have me. And that's just the beginning... My Dad loves me (his youngest daughter) so much that he would endure whatever to keep me comfy. I am also grateful for being blessed with three older sisters who share with me both their knowledge and experiences so as to make life easier for me. I am grateful for a brother who although at times can be hard to be with (I often don't understand his moods) takes care of me in his own way. I am grateful for all the blessings I have been given in the 16 years I have walked this world. God has indeed been very generous when he gave me the precious gifts of a wonderful family and loyal friends. Education, my family says, is a privilege and I am thankful that this privilege was given to me too. Material things can be entertaining for a while and I do get my share of gadgets and stuff that I am thankful for but what truly touches my heart is the more lasting, more extravagant, more meaningful presents that I have been fortunate enough to be given. A life to live and people I love to share it with!
*Start Copy*
In order to be able to achieve and maintain happiness we need to, actively, be able to do two things: Complain and then let go (Dump the baggage, the roadblocks to happiness.) Express Gratitude (The open expression of gratitude promotes happiness.) After all everyone has something to be grateful for and/or something to complain about. If you would like to share, please follow the appropriate link and do so: “Are You Grateful?”, “Complain Complain Complain.”
Tagging: Zahara

No comments: